Everyone’s Harvest was founded in 2002 by Iris Peppard building on her capstone project as a student at Cal State Monterey Bay. Since then, the small nonprofit has grown into a robust, values-driven 501(c)3 organization. It operates five certified farmers’ markets and is a catalyst for health-related programs across Monterey County.
The mission is to provide access to healthy, affordable fruits and vegetables through certified farmers’ markets and community food programs. The vision is for every community to have a fair and sustainable food system.
In 2008, Pacific Grove chose Everyone’s Harvest as the organization to run their community farmers’ market. This opportunity was a turning point for Everyone’s Harvest, leading to increased collaborations and partnerships.
More than 2,000 families are served weekly by Everyone’s Harvest markets in Salinas, Marina, and Pacific Grove – with more than 25 small and mid-scale farmers serving them. Everyone’s Harvest takes pride in the growing community of people who value organic food and rely on Everyone’s Harvest for access to local fresh fruits and vegetables.
The farmers’ market locations serve diverse communities and low-income people. Local hospitals host Everyone’s Harvest Certified Farmers’ Markets at Natividad Medical Center and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System. Everyone’s Harvest pioneered access to several public nutrition benefits at its farmers’ markets for everyone to access fresh, local, and organic foods.
In 2012, Everyone’s Harvest was presented with Edible Monterey Bay magazine’s nonprofit “Local Hero” award and in 2013 the Monterey County Weekly newspaper named Iris as one of the “25 for the Next 25” movers and shakers in Monterey County. Iris is always quick to point out, “My success is not just my own. It’s because of everyone involved. It’s about a movement. It’s about food justice.”
Today at Everyone’s Harvest:
- Over 50 percent of Everyone’s Harvest Certified Farmers’ Markets farmers are certified organic and come from within a 100-mile radius of Monterey County.
- All five of our Certified Farmers’ Markets serve low-income communities and accept Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), the modern day food stamp.
- Two of our Certified Farmers’ Markets are partnerships with medical institutions – Natividad Medical Center and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System – who both partner in the Fresh Rx program.
- The organization offers free space to other nonprofits, community groups, and government entities at its markets for public outreach.
- Everyone’s Harvest in the News
- 2021 990
- Everyone’s Harvest By-Laws
- 501 (c) (3)